Kids Sewing Lessons 2 - Intermediate
Must take Basic Sewing Lesson 1 before taking other Sewing Lessons.
Recommended for Intermediate Sewing Level 2 and up
Students may take this class multiple times to learn how to sew different projects and learn different sewing techniques.
Learning Objectives: Learn the fundamentals of sewing using a sewing machine while learning different sewing techniques, (techniques may vary depending on the project and student(s) ability to follow along). Student will start and complete a sewing project by end of this course.
- Learn how to trace pattern and cut fabric
- Select fabric from our fabric library
- Learn how to finish neck with facing or binding
- Learn how to gather fabric and sew
- Learn how to sew bust darts (depending on project)
- Learn how to sew arm hole curve & sleeve
- Learn how to sew button
- Learn how to sew waistband casing
- Learn how to insert and sew elastic waistband
- Learn how to sew side pockets (depending on the project)
- Learn how to sew three different hem (straight stitch hem, double fold hem & blind stitch hem)
- Learn how to sew zipper on garments
- Sew Final Project
Sewing Projects: Woven Top, Pocket Shorts, Zipper Skirt
Ages: 9-17 years old
Duration: 3 days
Dates: Wednesday & Saturdays
Group Lesson Price: $275 including sewing materials, sewing tools not included.
Maximum of 4 students per class. Class may cancel if we have less than 2 students registered for class.
What to bring: Bottle water/ clear drink & light snack. Please avoid any sort of nuts as some student(s) may have food nut allergies.
DISCLAIMER: We allow students to work at their own pace and never rush to finish a project. There is always a possibility students may not complete the sewing project during the duration of his/her class/workshop.
*PLEASE remember to REGISTER your child after you purchase this class, THANK YOU!