- KS Classes
- Kids Basic Sewing 1 - Tote Bag
Kids Basic Sewing 1 - Tote Bag
Learning Objectives: Learn the fundamentals of sewing using a sewing machine while learning different sewing techniques, (techniques may vary depending on the project). Each student will start and complete a sewing project by end of this course.
- Learn how to thread sewing machine
- Learn how to adjust sewing machine tension
- Learn about different sewing needle to use with different fabric
- Learn different types of stitches, (top stitch, edge stitch, & etc)
- Learn how to sew straight and curve lines
- What is seam allowance and sew seam by machine
- Learn how to sew patch pockets
- Learn different sewing techniques depending on your sewing project.
- Sew Final Project
Sewing Machine and materials provided by instructor.
Ages: 9-17 years old
Duration: 3 days
Spring Dates: Registration Open
- Saturdays 4/15 - 4/29, 1pm-3pm (FULL)
- Saturdays 5/6 - 5/20, 1pm-3pm (FULL)
- Wednesdays 5/17 - 5/31, 2pm-4pm
Summer Dates: Registration Opens 3/27/23
- 6/27 - 6/29, 10am-12pm
- 7/18 - 7/20, 10am-12pm
- 8/22 - 8/24, 10am-12pm
Group Lesson Price: $275 including sewing materials and tools. Maximum of 4 students per class. Class may cancel if we have less then 2 students registered for class.
What to bring: Bottle water/ clear drink & light snack. Please avoid any sort of nuts as some student(s) may have food nut allergies.
DISCLAIMER: We allow students to work at their own pace and never rush to finish a project. There is always a possibility students may not complete the sewing project during the duration of his/her class/workshop.
*PLEASE remember to REGISTER your child after you purchase this class, THANK YOU!