Kids Basic Sewing 1 - For Beginners
Learning Objectives: Learn the fundamentals of sewing using a sewing machine while learning different sewing techniques, (techniques may vary depending on the project and student(s) ability to follow along). Student will start and complete a sewing project by end of this course.
Students may take this class multiple times to learn different sewing techniques depending on the sewing project.
- Learn how to thread sewing machine
- Learn how to adjust sewing machine tension
- Leant how to use sewing tools
- Learn different types of stitches, (top stitch, edge stitch, & etc)
- Learn how to sew straight and curve lines
- What is seam allowance and sew seam by machine
- Learn how to sew french seam
- Learn how to sew patch pockets
- Learn how to sew straps
- Learn how to trace pattern and cut fabric
- Select fabric from our fabric library
- Sew Final Project
Sewing Project: Tote Bag (all tools and materials are provided by instructor)
Ages: 9-17 years old
Duration: 3 days
Dates: Wednesdays & Saturdays
- Wednesdays 10/4 - 10/18, 2pm-4pm
- Saturdays 10/7 - 10/21, 10am-12pm FULL
- Saturdays 11/4 - 11/18, 10am-12pm
Group Lesson Price: $275 including sewing materials and tools. Maximum of 4 students per class. Class may cancel if we have less then 2 students registered for class.
What to bring: Bottle water/ clear drink & light snack. Please avoid any sort of nuts as some student(s) may have food nut allergies.
DISCLAIMER: We allow students to work at their own pace and never rush to finish a project. There is always a possibility students may not complete the sewing project during the duration of his/her class/workshop.
*PLEASE remember to REGISTER your child after you purchase this class, THANK YOU!